Festival & Events
Our aim at the IAO is to engage people of all ages and different communities to take part in events and festivals which are organised by dedicated volunteers, this allows members and people from the larger community to get to know each other better, learn new things and enjoy themselves.
Over the past year there have been a number of religious events organised for the community a few of these include:
- Saraswati Puja- in February 2015 for the first time Radha Krishna temple organised the puja for youngsters to participate in.
- 6 Hour Hare Krishna Kirtan- August 2015 devotees from Manchester ISKCON visited Radha Krishna Temple Oldham to chant the lord’s name. This was enjoyed by many members of the community.
- Bhaktivedanta Manor Watford Janmashtami Trip- a coach trip was arranged for 65 people to go the temple for the day and worship Lord Krishna on his birthday.
There has also been a range of social events which have been organised for the community by the IAO from competitions to charity fundraisers:
- Macmillan Chai Nasta Morning- As a community we all got together for this incredible cause of raising money for charity. It was a very eventful morning with lots of cakes and tea/coffee and not only that but we also had cake decorating for all the youngsters. It turned out to be a great success as we raised a whooping £783.50 and to top it off the IAO rounded it up to £1001 with their very generous donation to the charity.
- India Independence day-On August 15th we all got together to celebrate the 68th independence day, on celebration of this day patriotic songs were sang dedicated to all those who lost their lives fighting for the independence of India.